p00kie

Default Adding a bedroom

"peak man" wrote in message
news
I wonder if I might ask the group's advice.

I live in a very small detached house in the High Peak.
It's a converted barn and is effectively a box measuring around 7 metres
x 14 metres. It's actually around the same size as most 2-up 2-down
terraces, although has a strange extension on the side which houses the
stairs and front door, which makes it look larger.

Upstairs is an open plan kitchen/living room. Downstairs are two bedrooms
+ a bathroom. Outside is a small garden and off-road drive.

The largest bedroom has an on-suite bathroom which has fallen out of
use because of a few plumbing problems (instead I use the main bathroom).

I'm thinking of altering downstairs so it has three bedrooms which, to
quote estate agent speak, will be "medium sized" (they'll hold a double
bed + a few pieces of furniture at a push). I'll remove the on-suite.

Trouble is that the only way I can make the alterations is to have the
door for the new bedroom leading off from one of the current bedrooms.

So my questions a

1) Bearing in mind this is a small house which best suits a professional
couple or, at a push, a young family, will adding a third bedroom increase
the value of the house?

2) Will people be put off by having to go through one bedroom to get to
another?

3) Will I have to seek planning permission to do all this?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Dave

1. Possibly
2. Probably