T i m

Default How do you remove bearings on Servis Washing machine

On 23 Feb 2004 16:02:45 -0800,
(Charlie) wrote:

Thanks Tim,

I've actually got a bit further than I said in the original post.

snip

I've just punched out the outer set with relative ease, and the outer
washer (I believe). However I am meeting some resistance removing the
larger inner bearing, which has disintegrated, leaving only the outer
ring, welded firmly to the drum. Will try a little heat in the
morning...

[T] Well done for getting this far ;-) once the bearing is clean warm
it, apply some 'Plus Gas' (or other 'penetrating oil .. not WD40 etc)
and / or grind it away as close to the drum / shaft as you dare then
give it a tap with a cold chisel to cause it break.

Tim, Been quoted +AKM-30, where did you get them for a tenner?

[T] It was a local bearing supplier who I have know for years does me
favours for cash now and again .. and it depends on the sizes of your
bearings and the seal type (shielded / sealed etc) Was the quote you
got from a bearing stockist or an Apliance place cos I think they can
sometimes do good prices on bearings through bulk buying?

If you pass me the details I'll get you a quote ..

All the best ..

T i m