Kalico

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:55:53 +0000, John Rumm

On the other hand 'we' (as in the population at large) certainly have
been voting for exactly this sort of thing overall, people want more

remembering that fewer of the populas at large voted for *them* than
voted for Kinnock the last time he was on the wrong end of a landslide.
Alas too many of *us* obviously don't give a toss one way or the other!

Most people take the line that "they're all as bad as each other".

When you consider that this government has introduced policies,
regulations, laws etc that were looked at by the Tory government under
Thatcher, but dropped as being too 'right wing', it is not hard to see
why.

I know it's off-topic, but I have to wonder if the recent vote on a
regional assembly in the NE did not go the way it did simply because
the 'no' campaign played the line that it would mean more politicians.
The fact is that we just don't like them or, largely, trust them.

Rant over - sorry.

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply