Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
CRB wrote:
From time to time there is mention in uk.d-i-y on routinely replacing
PVC T&E wiring on the basis of its age, and I need to decide whether
to replace mine.

Don't think so. What is often mentioned is that early PVC *lighting*
wiring might not have an earth - or have had the earth cut off at all
termination points.

PVC wiring - not exposed to the elements, as is the case with most
domestic wiring, and not overloaded, has a pretty long life - more than
the time it's been around so far.

I recently removed some dead 7/0.29 TW&E from my cellar which makes it
about 40 years old, and I'd have described it as in perfect condition.

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.