Andy Hall

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:01:15 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On 28 Nov 2004 21:27:46 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) strung together this:

I'd much rather devote my time to the
data\telecoms\security side of my business anyway.

That's all covered by Part P in the home and it doesn't come
under the list of exemptions in Table 1. I did mention in my
original response during the consultation period that Part P
should only cover Low Voltage (which is standard mains voltage),
but my comments were ignored and it also encompasses all Extra
Low Voltage, i.e. data/telecoms/security/aerials/etc. and none
of these are listed in the exclusions from needing an accredited
installer or a building notice.

So I'm basically ****ed whatever I do then, unless I go on the dole.
In summary, if I do anything that involves a piece of wire then I need
to be a member of a trade body? Does the SSAIB count?

Why don't you contact them and ask them to take up your cause.
Chances are, theyu haven't even thought about it.

When you're wiring an alarm panel, do you normally power it from a
spur? If so, you can still do that, since it's exempted, but
presumably not if a new circuit were needed...

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl