James

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

That's all covered by Part P in the home and it doesn't come
under the list of exemptions in Table 1. I did mention in my
original response during the consultation period that Part P
should only cover Low Voltage (which is standard mains voltage),
but my comments were ignored and it also encompasses all Extra
Low Voltage, i.e. data/telecoms/security/aerials/etc. and none
of these are listed in the exclusions from needing an accredited
installer or a building notice. So you might want to make sure
you get your structured Cat5 and phone extentions installed
before year end ;-)

Do the traditional operators - such as BT - have membership of an
appropriate approved body? On second thoughts this is a silly question - to
meet the requirements only one of their thousands of employees needs to be a
member for the organisation as a whole to qualify.

James

---