Lurch

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:02:00 -0000, "fred"
strung together this:

I am a qualified practising Electrician with qualifications in the Wiring
Regulations and Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations. On 1st
January I will need to get a building inspector to check that I have
replaced a Socket Outlet in my kitchen correctly. The building inspector
will probably be less qualified and experienced than myself. But its ok for
me to replace someone else's Socket Outlet in their kitchen as long as I am
working for a registered Electrician.

I cant go self employed because you have to be in business 6 months before
been able to register with one of the schemes.

I've just decided not to bother, I can't work out what's meant to be
happening, but whatever it is it'll cost me money so **** it, I'll
just stop doing electrical work. I'd much rather devote my time to the
data\telecoms\security side of my business anyway.
I'll still be doing my own work in my own house though, once part p is
deemed to be a total mess of confusion and extortion it'll be
scrapped. (Actually it won't will it, it'll be ammended so that it
costs more to be involved in it but makes no difference to safety).
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd