Owain

"IMM" wrote
| "James" wrote
| The BBC website does not mention Part P only applies to England
| and Wales. Yes - it can be argued that similar rules already
| apply to Scotland, but the means of implementation/enforcement
| seem to be radically different.

The only rule in Scotland is that work must comply with the IEE regs. Where
other work is being done which brings the job within the building warrant
process, a wiring certificate will be requested by the BCO. AFAIK there's no
requirement to obtain a building warrant for electrical work on its own.

| Does Part L only apply to Eng & Wales too?

*All* the Building Regulations apply only to E&W. Scotland has entirely
separate regulations, and the part numbering does not correspond.

Unfortunately, my understanding from the last Wiring Matters is that a
similar scheme is being considered for Scotland.

Owain