Terry

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

Upon cleaning out the cupboards ready for christmas the misses has found a
large area of damp and mould in the one under the sink...

Having had a look around, I have found the cause - a leaking lead - copper
wiped joint which is hidden in away in a bas-tard place. Is there a quick
easy fix for such a dipple? It is leaking fairly slowly and I reckon it

has
been for nearly a year now as I must have disturbed it when I fitted the
bathroom.

Given that; I would try some method, with water pressure off, of very
carefully poking/filling the crack with substance of some kind (maybe
plumbers putty or waterproof caulking compound) and then wrapping some kind
of tape or bandage around the whole thing.
Then carefully without squeezing or compressing the lead pipe/joint put one
or two of those screw type (Jubilee?) clamps around the whole mess to keep
the compression bandage against the pipe and, hopefully, the filler into
the crack.
You can open up the clamps to get them around the joint/pipe and screw them
as tight as you feel suitable, check them the next day and maybe tighten
them a little.
Just a thought; is there any mechanical strain on that pipe/joint due to
ground settling or whatever, that may have caused it to crack?
It may sound kind of temporary but to illustrate how mechanical repairs
often work; many years ago made a large double washer of heavy leather cut
from an old purse; compressed it with a stainless steel bolt and washers
through a hole in a clothes washer drum. It's still there, satisfactory
after many, many cycles of soapy cold and warm washes!
Have also temporarily used a jubilee clamp and bandage around a half inch
copper pipe join until could get a chance to redo it.