JJ

Default Neighbours planning huge extension. valid objections?

My neighbour has just presented me with a set of plans for a huge extension
to the side of his house, taking his house hard up to the boundary of my
garden, and to within 6 feet of my gable wall.

I'm wondering how best to object such that it'll be taken seriously by the
council and stopped.

I have a window on the second floor facing the boundary, and the proposed
gable end will only be 6 feet away from it, blocking out a lot of light - is
this a good enough reason?

also, he has a central heating outlet on the gable wall which, if not
relocted elsewhere, will be venting straight into my garden into the 6 feet
gap.

If he gets approval, I don't see how they can build it, then roughcast it
without access to my garden for scaffolding etc. Can I stop them from doing
this? How about things like foundations & eaves as well - would they not
have to extend over the boundary line?

I'm not against the guy building an extension, but think he could at least
stop a metre back from the boundary line.

Any one had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Jim

--