H. R. Bob Hofmann

John Miller wrote in message ...
mike wrote:
I tried cleaning HP heads with an ultrasonic cleaner.
INK has to be soluble in the cleaning fluid. And if it's dry inside,
May never get enough backwards thru the hole to wet the dry stuff.
Can't say I was successful.

Windex seems to work well as a cleaning solution for print heads.

I just put about 1/2 inch of water in a small pyrex dessert-sized
dish, heat it in the microwave till it boils, wait about 10 seconds
and then place the cartridge right side up in the hot water for about
5 seconds so the print head gets wet, but not the main ink portion of
the cartridge. If that doesn't clear things, I repeat it. Never had
it fail, but I never wait until the cartridge is totally dry before I
clean and refill. Used this on Cannon, Epson, Lexmark, and HP
cartridges, refilled some 20+ times.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann