Janne G

b wrote:
"Janne G" schreef in
bericht ...

Hi all

I have a Philips 28ml8805 (FL1.6 or near) with a strange and hard to find
problem. The unit is a slow starter which mean that it takes up to 20min
to get picture while the sound is comming on after 5s. Sometimes the
picture comes after 15s but goes away again after som sec and then it
takes several minutes to reappear. The picture is real good (when on) and
no mechanical respons from all circuitbords.
(snip)

I had some sleepless nights over this but i find a way to get to the
"kern"(bottom) of the problem with a plastic pin that insulated me from
the high voltage of the CRT and "friends".

It was a "jumper" (SMD shortcut) that was loose near the horisontal
powercircuit tda3654 or someting (the one thats get really hot) that had
poor soldering. I did not see anything in the microscope when examine
it but the measurement did say that it was a problem there. I've
resoldered it and now the startuptime is down to around 2.5 min for a
picture, and yes, it is much but i guess that the CRT have got some
damage when testing this fault and now have a relativly large diff
between the R G B cannons and therefore the 4680 think it isn't ready to
turn on the video to the CRT before that time. The picture is WERY good
when working so i just have to accept the long startup time because i
can't find any more problems with the unit when examine it deeply.

If some have the same problem i can give the the exact componenet name
if you whant, contact me by mail then, hopefully decipering of my
mailadress would not be that difficult.

Anyone that have any moore sudgestions to the startuptime?

Thanks for all the sudgestions i have got on this problem.