Velvet

Default Aqualisa - FAO Andy Hall

PoP wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:57:23 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

- O ring seal at the back which seals the centre stainless steel tube
of the cartridge to the back of the valve body. These also come with
a replacement cartridge, and silicone grease is useful to fit them.
If this one fails, it does not mean a leak since it is internal.

I was working on one of these last week - and that rubber seal is
embedded into the plastic surround, making it nigh on impossible to
remove to replace with a new one.

Has anyone come up with an inventive way of getting this seal out of
one of these shower units? Tried the crochet hook approach, no good.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!

I've used a strong sharp needle before to extract stuff like that. Ram
needle into rubber, then prise out (taking care not to break the needle,
they seem to shatter rather than bend sometimes).

Velvet