ARWadsworth

Default Car aerial cable

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Having had unwelcome visitors last night I now need to replace the cable
from the car stereo to the aerial (or more probably to a connection
point in the cable as I am sure that it will not be one complete run).

What type of cable do I need? Is it the 50 or 75 ohm coax?

Think you'll have problems finding the correct stuff. IIRC, it's actually
300 ohms. It has a strange spiral central conductor. It also has to be of
*exactly* the right capacitance to match the tuner correctly, especially
for MF reception.

Is a complete aerial for your car that expensive?

Not an option. The aerial itself is fine. The motorised aerial at the back
of the car connects to the cable (I know that the cable connects to the
aerial and is not a complete unit as I swapped my aerial to the motor
version from a friends car after he had tested his airbags). The biggest
problem is that the coax is part of the wiring loom (or certainly enclosed
with the loom inside some sticky foam) and the inner core of the coax is now
missing.

--
Adam