James Sweet

"William R. Walsh" wrote in
message news:4adrd.494459$D%.457615@attbi_s51...
Hi!

If you can run two 60 watt lamps you could light your whole house with
compact fluorescent bulbs, even the ones equivilant to a 100W bulb use

only
about 25W.

I could run more than that, but I wanted to keep the UPS well within its
operating limits. I think there would be room for four bulbs at 60W, but
that's crowding things a bit and probably very stressful on the circuitry.

As far as the compact flourescent bulbs go, I tried a few that I had in
other fixtures around the house. None of those bulbs reacted very well.

Most
of them had some difficulty starting and others failed after running just
fine for a while. I do like these CFL bulbs in certain instances but I

don't
think this is one of the places that they work well.

William

That's odd, I run several cheapie Chinese CFL's off a $35 power inverter I
bought at Target a few years ago, haven't seen a problem doing that yet.