Jason D.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:21:45 -0700, "Don" none@given wrote:

Hi,

Rono wrote in message
Don, the kit has 2- 2SC4834, the 2SD4927, & the 0.1 ohm fusible

My HOT is 2SC5148 (8-729-035-75). Are there different "kits"?

What is your original HOT? Has to be same.

resistor! $ 12.00 approx. Canadian! There may be only one VDR
in the unit, but i doubt it! VDR601 # 1-807-288-11, and VDR602 & 603 #
1-810-973-21!!

I doubled checked the schematic and only one VDR (KV-32S22 G board).
Sony P/N 1-610-974-21 at VDR601

Flyback is likely good! The drive capacitor by the horizontal drive
transformer has to be polarized (electrolytic), in order for it needing

I'm not sure which cap you mean... I have C502 (0.47uF 50V) at
the base of the horizontal drive transistor (which drives the
horiz drive xformer which drives the HOT).

That's true but in Sony, it is very common for bad solder joints in
horizontal circuit to blow the horizontal transistor, that includes
the horizontal transformer driver because this is part of whole
horizontal circuit.

to be replaced! Sony is definetly worth repair, as long as the CRT is
good! The best T.V. around in my opinion!

What typically *causes* this sort of failure (Q601/602)?
I would have assumed the flyback died which would take
out the HOT (I still haven't check my HOT) and, eventually,
the chopper driving everything (via 601/602)

Below is the company I usually get parts from! Good luck, Rono.

www.globalsemi.com
Ther'e in Mississauga, Ontario 1-800-668-8776

Thanks, I will check them out.
--don

Cheers,

Wizard