Todd Fatheree

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
Hi,

If someone asked me (a 13yr old) to build a bookcase, how much would you
charge?

I would think you charge on a per job rate, or is it hourly?

Say the materials cost £15 and it took 5 hrs, how much would you charge.

I am not going to start charging, as I am putting it down to experience,
just getting them to pay materials, but just wondering!

Cheers,

Sam

IMHO, the answer is "whatever the market will bear". How long it takes you
doesn't enter into the price, AFAIC. You can use that to decide whether
it's worth your time to do it, but shouldn't have an impact on the price.
So, it comes down to what would a handcrafted bookcase made of similar
materials and of a similar quality go for on the open market?

todd