Don Foreman

That is all "consumer" stuff. You'll pay more for the real thing at a
welding store, but after you get past stickershock you will be glad
you did. You will probably be welding for many years, and your
welding will be considerably better with a good machine.

I have a little Lincoln SP-125 that looks just like the Weldpack units
but it is a considerably better machine. I've used it on many
autobody jobs -- rust work. For a few bux more you can get a 220-volt
MIG if you want to weld up to 5/16" thick stuff and do it well.

When I toured a professional auto restorer's shop I noted one of these
little machines at every workstation. Those guys were magicians with
metal.

Lincoln, Miller, Hobart and probably others make good machines.
Hobart is really Miller now.

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 07:47:50 GMT, wrote:

These are the ones of interest:
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...52-1126-WF2007

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...a.jsp?CNTTYPE=
PROD_META&cartCntKey=Power+Tools%2FWelding+%26+So ldering%2FWelders&CNTKEY=Pr
oducts_2%2FPower+Tools%2FWelding+%26+Soldering%2F Welders&ProductOID=527900&B
@@@@&BV_Engi neID=ccdiadddfdjkhgfcgelcef
fdfgidgjl.0

and

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...a.jsp?CNTTYPE=
PROD_META&cartCntKey=Power+Tools%2FWelding+%26+So ldering%2FWelders&CNTKEY=Pr
oducts_2%2FPower+Tools%2FWelding+%26+Soldering%2F Welders&ProductOID=614841&B
@@@@&BV_Engi neID=ccdiadddfdjkhgfcgelcef
fdfgidgjl.0

I am leaning towards the first one... but what do you guys think? Please
don't be biased towards Lincoln Electric unless it's for good reason .

-Mike