Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Yeahbut... unless you're working with some pretty small stock you can
usually grab the wood well away from the blade contact area. Just like
you
do to hold that same piece of stock as you're cutting it. In fact, it's
really not any different than what you do to actually make the cut.
--

-Mike-

You always do the line-up with the blade spinning? You have more balls
than me.

I bring the blade down to the cut line and make any adjustments needed. I
then hold the wood firmly, pull the trigger and make the cut. Once the blade
spins, I do not move my hand. Just my narrow minded opinion, but lining up
a 16' 2 x 4 or an 18" piece of quarter round molding under a 12" blade at
4000 rpm is just plain nuts. Your eye is on the light, not on the blade and
your hand is moving. Sorry, but I just don't need that kind of adrenaline
rush. You're welcome to do as you please.