Randy Replogle

"trumpy81" wrote in message
u...
GDay All,
I plan to do some model engine building in the near future and it crossed
my
mind that I dont really know how to cut internal threads at diameters
smaller
than 3mm (1/8").

I know I should be able to cut external threads without too much bother,
but
how does one tap a hole for such small threads??

Needless to say, I'm not a machinist, yet! But I am learning quickly!

Any help you guys could give me, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, to any aussies here, where's the best place to buy drill bits from
# 80 - 1/8" ?, especially in Brisbane.

TIA
--
Regards
trumpy81

*** Please remove the `_spam_' trap before replying to this message ***

Have you only cut threads on a lathe?
Do you know about taps, a tool that you "screw" into a predrilled hole which
cuts the threads for a screw or bolt to mate with?
If you're familiar with tapping in general, no problem. Just buy small tap
drills and taps.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you aren't clear on anything.
Randy