william_b_noble

aaah, why not mount the blank between centers and turn it round, then put it
in your jacob's chuck? If you have some weird pen that needs more than 1/2
inch diameter, then turn a tennon on the wood and put that into the jacob's
chuck
"Bob Darrah" wrote in message
I'm on so many meds I can't think straight anymore, but my heart keeps on
ticking!

I'm trying to figure out how I could put a 3/4" or 5/8" square pen blank

in
a chuck so I can drill it on the lathe. I have a Jacobs chuck but it is

only
1/2". I have a Nova chuck and could get smaller jaws but is there a better
way of accomplishing this?
--

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon