Steve Wolfe

Does anyone else keep reminders of this sort around their shop?

I have what would have been a *beautiful* bowl made of gum-vein eucalyptus
above my lathe. It was literally done, ready to be finished. I thought "I
want to take just one more light pass over the surface to smooth it up." I
ever-so-gently just *touched* the bowl, and foom - pieces flew all over. I
gathered them up, and fitted them together. I have no idea how I got the
bowl to a 3/16" wall thickness to begin with, about half of the bowl's
material was supported by nothing more than three tiny slivers because of
the voids!

steve