Thomas Kendrick

Overhead stick welding would prefer 6011 or 6010 electrodes as the
puddle freezes faster. 6010 is typically DC-only. Possibly 6013 as
well for thin metal since 6011 and 6010 have a strong digging effect.
Short arc with amperage in the lower part of the range for the
electrode selected. It's not easy to keep that puddle small enough
that it solidifies against the pull of gravity.

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:15:00 GMT, wrote:

I found it's extremely difficult to weld overhead. Is it always this hard? I
used rod 7014. Is there a better rod for it? Should I just bite the bullet &
buy a wire-feed welder? Thanks!

-Mike