Morris Dovey

J. Clarke wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:

Prometheus wrote:

snip

I guess anyone purchasing synthetic diamond is somehow
"blacklisted" and no longer allowed to purchase the
natural product, which is still better for some things.

I don't know about the "blacklisted" part; but the current
synthetics differ only in that they're available without the
natural impurities/flaws.

I'm eagerly looking foreward to low-cost router bits and saw
blades for wood with diamond cutting edges and I don't
really care if they /look/ beautiful or not.

Just imagine a plane or chisel with a razor sharp diamond
edge!

It's going to be a throwaway though. Once you knock a chip
out of it, whcih isn't difficult--diamond is hard but it's
also brittle--what do you sharpen it with?

A diamond file? [-8

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar