John Smith

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:
Not trying to be rude, but yes carbon dioxide, not carbon monoxide, and
where can I buy a sensor?

As a veteran confined to my home, I have time to think and act only in my
small corner of the world. Since I am in my home almost 24 hours a day, 7
days a week, I would like to maximize the health I have. I exercise and get
fresh air outside my back door, but as it gets cold, I spend much more time
inside. So the subject line is my question and how do I monitor it.

I ask because this month when the furnace 1st kicked on I had to have a
repair person deal with a carbon monoxide issue, so now I have 3 carbon
monoxide detectors, 1 in the furnace roon, 1 in my bedroom and one in the
main room of the house.

Thanks in Advance!
Andy

Carbon dioxide, like nitrogen, is not toxic. You don't need to
worry about it's concentration. It only becomes a problem when it
displaces oxygen. What you want is an oxygen sensor that tells you
the oxygen level. Make sure the air in your house contains no less
than 19.5% of oxygen. Forget about the carbon dioxide level.