Chris

Default NEED TIPS FOR DEALING WITH HOME INSURANCE ADJUSTERS AND CLAIMS RELATED TO SMOKE DAMAGE AND FIRE RESTORATION

Yesterday my home in the Portland Oregon area had an appliance issue
that resulted in a small blaze inside the home. Because I have a new
- airtight house - the smoke literally fused itself into my
appliances, structure, electronics everything. Even though the fire
did relatively little damage the smoke finished everything else. The
intense smell of smoke can be sensed outside the house!

I am not sure what the restoration crew is going to replace - but I
would appreciate your suggestions on what they should. The rest of my
stuff - especially electronics constitute a considerable investment.
They tell me they can clean all of these things and that they will be
fine. But I doubt it. If you have been a claim adjuster, a fire
fighter, a restoration professional or an industry insider I
desperately need your help. I have a great policy with plenty of
coverage for loss of use, structure and personal property.
Unfortunately, it will be my burden to see that these are addressed.
The questions obviously become how high I should set my standards.
Should I let them clean my stuff, smell it then demand a replacement
value? I don't intend to be dishonest but too many things in my house
are too damaged by acidic smoke, soot and carbon compounds to get rid
of the smell much less repair the damage to sensitive electronic
components. How about my mattress, couches, light fixtures.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to
e-mail me at . I will deal with the spam if
it can give me good input! Thank you.