Swingman

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

The answer is "yes". Run 12-3 with ground as you said, but use a ganged
breaker since if you need to work inside any box, you want both circuits
shut off. This is exactly what the electrician did for my gar^H^H^Hshop.
All the left hand duplex outlets in each double box are on one circuit,
and all the right handers on the other. The 'trician used surface mount
boxes and conduit with individual wires rather than romex on mine and ran
a seperate ground even though the conduit can be used for ground. I also
had him run 2 240V circuits through another single conduit with every
other box containing a single 240V outlet and alternating between

circuits.

Make sure you have the bottoms of the outlets at least 40" above the floor
so you can put standard 36" high benches under.

You left out an important step ... on most duplex receptacles you MUST
remove, or cut, the HOT bridge between the two outlets if you are going to
split a circuit.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04