Barkeepers Friend

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:04:13 GMT, Murray Peterson
wrote:

LinuxSaves wrote in news:OlRrd.10832$NU3.9924
:

The suggestions so far have included CLR, SoftScrub, and Scotchbright
pads. Can I be reasonably sure that none of these will damage the
ceramic? Unlike a bathtub, which I'm sure any of these products would
be fine on, the toilet lid has a very glossy finish and I'm concerned
that it may get damaged if the cleaning method is too harsh.

Your local grocery store or home hardware store should have a bottle of
stuff specifically designed to remove rust stains. Look for a cleaner
containing oxalic acid.