Andy Hall

Default Aqualisa - FAO Andy Hall

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:12:46 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Andy (and everyone else of course)

saw your post about replacing 'O' rings on an Aqualisa shower.

Just wondered what the symptoms were.

My (about 10 year old) Aqualisa shower is leaking cold water around the
thermostatic mixer control.

We have a shower pump so there is quite a bit of pressure.

I have seen on the NG that the cartridge needs replacing after a time but
this seems more like a 'seals' thing.

TIA
Dave R

There are not very many user replaceable seals, David.

On my unit, which is a built in type, maybe a little less than ten
years old, but not much, there are the following, starting from the
front:

- O-ring on the shaft of the cartridge used to hold the on/off control
knob in place. They send these for free.

- With control knob removed and thermostatic lever (4 bolts) removed
you get to the cartridge which can be removed with 4 more bolts.
There is a seal of complex shape between that and the valve body.
This seal comes with the spare cartridge, although may be separately
available.

- O ring seal at the back which seals the centre stainless steel tube
of the cartridge to the back of the valve body. These also come with
a replacement cartridge, and silicone grease is useful to fit them.
If this one fails, it does not mean a leak since it is internal.

Apart from the places where the pipes connect, the only places that
leaks can happen are where the cartridge meets the body - new seal
needed, or around the spindle of the cartridge. The latter means a
new cartridge.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl