Silvan

mrmortise wrote:

did! It's back and just the way I like it! Now I will need to
investigate to figure out "how it do that".
Thanks for your patience. I promise I'll get my meds checked!

Whatever it is you saw, or think you saw, it had nothing to do with the
newsgroup itself. It sounds like you're using some kind of proprietary
browser/reader thing through some service like AOL or something, and they
changed the look and feel of it somehow.

This newsgroup is a part of Usenet or USENet or USENET or whatever capitals
it's supposed to have. It's ancient technology dating back before the dawn
of graphical user interfaces and other such froofery. I used to read
usenet with a program called "rn" that made me read through every single
article in a newgroup in series. It didn't do threading, it didn't let you
preview the subject headers, or anything like that.

Usenet hasn't changed since those days. Only the face of the programs (or
web interfaces, even) we use to access it. Plus all the irritating people
posting HTML crap and top posting because they don't know any better, and
all the spammers. I guess it's not the same as it always was, but the
underlying technology still is.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/