Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:48:17 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

That is why I noted that my prices were pre-hurricane. I'm sure everything
is out of wack now price-wise, but my in-laws have been in Ocala now for a
decade and their prices are incredibly lower than central NC.

Nobody wants to live in Ocala.

Here in Naples, we've averaged 21% increases in value for the last
decade. It's slowing down and the Fort Myers/Lee County area is now
picking up.

Jeff

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
I visited my in-laws in Ocala, Florida and couldn't believe how much new
house you got for the money compared to central North Carolina. As an
example, my parents in NC live in a 1 story townhome that is probably 1500
sq feet and cost them $200k. In Ocala you get a nicer built individual
house, made to resist substantial storms, almost 50% bigger for about
$150k with swimming pool.

One of my co-workers is looking for a house in Florida. In some areas,
the price of housing it going up at 30% a year. One house was sold for
$170,000 15 months ago. It had $5,000 in improvements and just sold for
$238,000. Nice profit. Supply and demand at work.