LinuxSaves

The suggestions so far have included CLR, SoftScrub, and Scotchbright
pads. Can I be reasonably sure that none of these will damage the
ceramic? Unlike a bathtub, which I'm sure any of these products would
be fine on, the toilet lid has a very glossy finish and I'm concerned
that it may get damaged if the cleaning method is too harsh.

Thanks!

Clark Griswold wrote:
Scotchbright pads.........
"LinuxSaves" wrote in message
link.net...

A careless houseguest left a metal-bottomed can on the back of the
toilet--the very new, very expensive toilet. As might be expected, the
combination of moisture in the bathroom and the metal can left rust marks
on the toilet lid (not seat). I've done all I can with gentle methods (I
used dish soap and a soft sponge) and got rid of most of it. However, there
are still a few small, but noticeable, rust stains. I'm hoping for advice
on how to remove the rust without harming the ceramic. Thanks in advance
for any advice and/or suggestions!