Dave Plowman

Default Car aerial cable

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Having had unwelcome visitors last night I now need to replace the cable
from the car stereo to the aerial (or more probably to a connection
point in the cable as I am sure that it will not be one complete run).

What type of cable do I need? Is it the 50 or 75 ohm coax?

Think you'll have problems finding the correct stuff. IIRC, it's actually
300 ohms. It has a strange spiral central conductor. It also has to be of
*exactly* the right capacitance to match the tuner correctly, especially
for MF reception. Is a complete aerial for your car that expensive?

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn