The Data Rat

I put a small amount of liquid fabric softener in my my wash right along
with laundry soap. The clothes still have a fresh smell like the softener,
but not as heavy. My teenaged son works at a fast food place and we have
found this to be the ONLY way to remove those gross greasy odors that hang
on. So, maybe whoever told you 1/4 downey to 3/4 cup of water was correct.
\\

"Otter" wrote in message
. com...
First off, I'd like to ask your forbearance for having crossposted this to
three groups. Mea culpa magna. I do believe that the best answer would
probably benefit Febreze users on all three groups though. The situation
is this: My wife and I use Febreze laundry additive on a regular basis to
remove pet and other odors from laundry. Unfortunately, our local
Albertson's here in Northern California seems to have stopped selling the
product, and none of the other big chains in the area have it either.
There are OTHER Febreze products, but not the laundry additive. My wife
believes that P & G have stopped making it, and that leads us to wonder
how we're going to find a substitute that works just as well as the
Febreze did. She has written a letter to P & G asking why the product
appears to have been cancelled, but hasn't received a response yet. So I
suppose that this plaintive cry from the wilderness is to ask three
questions:

1. Does any know of a substitute for Febreze Laundry additive that works
just as well ?
2. If you know of a place that still sells and ships it, would you please
share the phone number and/or web page ?
3. Failing the above two, does anyone have a home-grown recipe for
something that would be just as effective ? I've heard of a 1/4-Downy to
3/4-Water combo, but I don't know if that's for real or not.

Eddie