zxcvbob

Cooper wrote:
"john" wrote

I have a harbor freight little oil filled compressor. I tried using it
today after a very cold night. It made a few trouble noises and stopped.

reset the overload switch and tried again. Same result. Tried again,

this

time it tripped the breaker. I reset the breaker (apparently not having

the

brains I was born with...) and tried again. This time it made it and ran
normally.

This probably isn't a good thing to do to the compressor, and won't work

at

all next month when it is even colder..

What do people do about this?

Have an Emglo that is about 13 yrs. old. Book stated straight 30W. During
the colder months I had the same problem. Switched to 10W-30 year round, no
problem. Compressor never gave me a problem as far as lubrication. Beware
of running pneumatic tools outside during the extreme cold. Have
encountered a couple blown seals. Also, let the air out of the tank/s at the
end of the day, makes morning starts easier. If you are storing your
compressor outside (back of truck or similar), it is improtant to let all
the air out of the tanks. The moisture in the tank can freeze, causing
problems or permanent damage to the compressor.

Where do you find non-detergent multigrade oil?

Bob