NoOne N Particular

I have this set and it has been adequate. The dadoes that I cut are not
quite flat bottomed, but the sides have been clean on everything I have cut
except for some veneer plywood that I used. That plywood would not cut
cleanly for anything with any blade that I used, even sharp ones :-). To
see the unevenness of the dado bottoms from the end, you would have to get
very close to the piece, and be looking for it to see that it was not
absolutely flat. Besides, it gives the glue someplace to go. :-)

The bottoms are not flat because of the difference between the hole in the
blade and the size of the arbor. For example, if the size of the hole was
actually .628", and the diameter of the arbor was actually .622", then you
have a potential of .006" variance in depth from blade to blade. The inner
cutters of the SD208 are only two tooth and are supposed to be mounted at
right angles to each other. Since one would be vertical, and the next one
to it is supposed to be horzontal, they fit on the arbor differently which
results in a dado with a bottom where you can see the swathe cut by each
cutter. If you use more than two of them then the angles get staggered
more, but it is still an issue. I don't think this would be as much of an
issue with sets where the inside cutters have 4 or more teeth. But even so,
the difference is . . .say . . a blond hair. No wait! Make that a red hair.
:-)

You could probably reduce this by using some sort of shim (tape?) on the
arbor so that the blades fit more snuggly, but I have not tried it.

Wayne

"SwampBug" wrote in message
anyone using or have used this blade? Curious about how clean and flat the
dado bottom is with it. I am currently using a set from HF but do not think
it is suitable for much fine work.

--
SwampBug