mac davis

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:02:15 -0500, "steve"
wrote:
me, too... but figuring that my CMS was less than $200 it would be a
major decision to change/improve the laser for $100...
then again, I might use the laser more..

I think I would, but thats just me, I like gadgets

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:37:18 -0500, "steve"
wrote:

I have looked at a few different ones, also used the Hitachi .
The laser that mounts on the blade did not seem to be very good for me as
it
only lights up when the blade is spinning. I got the Laserkerf and
installed
it on my 12" sliding DeWalt, it was easy to install and setup was easy
too,
Although I have a type 1 saw so I had to buy an extra bracket for it. They
have two options a battery one and an AC powered one also two sizes of
laser,a thin kerf and a full kerf, so the laser line is exactly where your
blade will cut, either side.
setup and installation was a breeze (sticky pads) the whole thing cost me
about $95 inc tax and shipping. I do trim and stairs for a living and the
saw gets moved everyday and the laser seems to be good all the time.
Although I do have to spent a minute or so setting it every time I set the
saw up. In a workshop you probably wont have to do that but once.
http://www.laserkerf.com/
Hope this helps

Steve... I'm just being nosey, since you're in the trades...
Would you have spent the $95 for the laser if you were just a hobby
woodworker?