JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

Ron, thanks, thats what I though, I just wanted to make sure I was not
having any more trouble.
this is the first heating season I have had with the pump, and the first
time I used it, I had that bad disk,
the whole thing has me a little gun shy,
Do heat pumps require more maintenace , or break down more often, than a
gas furnace?

A bit of follow up

as the outside air got warmer, the air in the vents did too.
when the outside went up to 38 the vents were now kicking out 84 or so
degrees
so, I can guess that the pump puts out air @ 50 degrees warmer than the
outside temp, with a decreasing return of course,
I can assume then that if the temp spends any signifigan time in the lower
20's the aux will be running quite often trying to keep the house at 70

Dave

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
A heat pump runs most efficiently when the output is as cold as possible
while still heating the house, so the air coming out of the registers
should feel cold. If you measure its temp, it's warmer than the room.
That's what you need.

The airflow is kept very high to achieve this - essentially cooling
the indoor coil with indoor air so it never gets hot.

As the outdoor air temp drops, the heat pump does less and less work,
and achieves less and less heating; at the same time, the cost to
run it drops, so in effect you fall back on resistive heating without
any loss of money. In the circumstance where the heat pump no longer
holds the house, it will run continuously (not achieving much) while
the resistive strips kick in and out.

If the heat pump is broken in some way, say constant defrosting,
then this continuous running costs you money. If not, then it's
just the way heat pumps are.

Women like warm toasty air coming out of the ducts. Heat pumps
don't do that. Guys see the method in it and put up with it.
--
Ron Hardin