SwampBug

I would not have to look too hard at a Dado King for $149! s I think i =
can go with the SD208 for now and look to better when my skills justify =
it. Patience is king! s Thanks.

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Ba r r y" wrote in message =
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:52:17 -0600, "SwampBug"
wrote:

anyone using or have used this blade?=20

I've had one for six years. It was fine until I found a Dado King for
$149. G I always thought of the SD208 as "flat enough", as my
dados have always been covered by a face frame or banding.

Tearout at the end is eliminated by using a sled, which supports the
cut as the blade exits. This is true for any cut. Insist on using a
miter gauge? Use a sacrificial fence. Many plywood case sides get
rabbetted to accept a back. Cut the rabbet last, and tearout is moot.

I'm actually keeping the 208 for MDF and general construction dados.

Barry