James R. Shields

When roughing out with a scraping tool I put the rest all the way down.
Never lost a rest in 5 years
"Peter Teubel" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:41:55 GMT, (Chuck) wrote:

On 27 Nov 2004 23:29:41 GMT,
(Jim Gott) wrote:

Kevin,

An afterthought on the Jet Mini: The toolrest is predisposed to easily

break
right where the post meets the top, so I would have a backup handy.
The one our club owns has a simple homemade "T" made of welded 5/8"

stock that
works well.

Don't know what people are doing to them that are breaking them. I'm
murder on tools and in 3 years of abuse mine hasn't given a shimmy.

I've broken at least 6 toolrests. One catch when the tool in near the edge

will do it.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com