mac davis

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:44:25 GMT, wrote:

BIG SNIP

(as always, the above is purely personal opinion and, if you don't
like it, it doesn't mean a goddamned thing to me.)

That's fair because your opinion didn't mean anything to me either.

If everyone had your burning quest for technological advancement we'd
still be sitting in unheated caves wondering if rocks are edible.

FoggyTown
"Cut to shape . . . pound to fit."

and if everyone had your respect for talent and skill we'd all be
living in plastic boxes and eating twinkies out of a tube....

There's a continium there and each of us gets to decide where we fall
on the continium.

Ain't freedom wonderful?

--RC
You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes

I think it's sort of a catch 22 kinda thing...
IMHO, power tools are more effective and last longer if you know how
to do it by hand... the same as the fact/opinion that you are easier
on a car if you've worked on them and know what happens when you use
the accelerator or brake.. (unlike my wife, who thinks that they're on
& off switches *g*)
I also find that the more/better power tools that I get, and the
better I get with them, the more I seem to enjoy the fitting and
tinkering with hand tools... full circle? I hope not!!