Martin H. Eastburn

Winston wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

(Replacing water heater anodes)

Might find the rod is very short - e.g. used up. Buy another at Sears
or such.
Martin

The Sears (U.S. department store) in my area doesn't carry them.
One needs to visit a real-life commercial plumbing supply store.
Be prepared to specify 'aluminum' or 'magnesium'.
Consider bringing along your existing anode for comparison.
Anodes with a 'bump' in the top of the hex head are magnesium.
Without the bump, it may be magnesium or aluminum.
Some later model anodes are an alloy of several non-ferrous
metals.

--Winston

Hum - Used to and I have replaced an old one with a Sears big one.
Times change I suppose - now Sears Holding Company over KMART and Sears.
Wonder about Simson-Sears - same way or long gone ? Canada ??!

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer