On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:53:02 -0600, "bob"
wrote:

Ref: my July 16 post. Okay, I messed up pretty good. I got in a hurry last
week to make some white mahogany (aka "primavera") plywood to back a china
cabinet under construction. I did not go back and re-read the posts and
follow the good suggestions offered up by this forum. No, I just slapped
some white glue on my thin stock and backing board (cheap 1/4" ply), stuck
them together without crossing the grain and weighted them down with gas
cans, cement bags - anything lying around. Surprised me, but the end
product looked pretty good. A week later, the boards were cupped and the
thin stock had split. Ruined.

So, learn from my mistake.

This weekend, I'm going to follow the forum advice - use contact cement, a J
roller, and cross the grain. Hopefully, I will have better results.

and do both sides.

Stupid. There's no other word to describe my actions last week.