invntrr

I don't know of many electricians with a 5" KO punch ... even if you got
hold of on it would be about 5.5" because that's about the OD of 5" conduit.
I never ran anything over 4" but if you punch anything over 2" you need a
hydraulic set.
If you tried to pull a 5" using a wrench it would have to be at least 20"
long ... then you would turn the band saw over the first turn you made.
Spend the money and buy the Hole saw ... if it's to much then rent it

Good Luck
Tom

"Jim Levie" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:27:11 -0800, keith wrote:

I need to make a 5" round hole in the back of a brand new table saw
cabinet. I don't have a regular hole saw,but have one of those adjusable
ones that has a 1/8" tool bit in the end of the arm. The metal that I am
cutting through is about 1/16" steel. I have a jigsaw but figured this
might cut a neater hole? any input? keith

A variable speed jigsaw set to the lowest speed is going to be a lot safer
than a 5" hole saw and incredibly safer than a fly-cutter. An alternative,
if you know an electrician with a really good set of punches would be a 5"
chassis punch.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.