TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
Any idea on what I can do about people driving too fast and sliding
around a curve landing in my front yard? The speedlimit is 35 but they
drive about 60. I got home to find huge ruts in my yard the other day.

I have talked to the county executive , judge madjestrate, highway
department. I have written letters and attached photos.

I was thinking of putting a fence up using 6x6 posts in concrete but
wondered if somehow someone would try to sue me if they got hurt.

I have a daughter and a son on the way and their bedroom faces the
road. I am scared to death someone is going to end up in my house!

I can attach pictures if that helps. I am just so fed up right now I
dont know what to do.

This is Turtle.

I had a uncle that had the same problem with car coming up in his front yard and
cutting up the yard and cutting deep rutts in the yard . He check out the laws
on building a car stop to keep car off your property in the state of Texas and
Louisiana. Both states have law on this but what make the laws and you getting
sued for it is this. Put a row of rail road rail steel angled back toward the
house in a row all the way across the frontage. then back 5 feet toward the
house put a row of rail road rail steel straight up. Put all the rails in
concrete and put a potted plant on top of everyone. they are called potted plant
holders to have growing plants in. If you don't call them a car stop, you can
not be sued for having them for they are yard plant holders for the look of the
house. It would be the same as a bird bath in the front yard and want to sue you
for running over it.

Now you will not have to worry about cars getting to your house for the first
row slows the car down and the second row stops the cars. When they land there
they don't drive off for you have to get a wrecker to lift the car off the rails
and if you pull the car off them Half the car stays there and the other half
goes with the wrecker. You just don't drive through your yard and drive off with
out a wrecker to come get it. also if a wrecker operator see's the damage on the
car he is suppose to call the law to write it up and have his insurance company
to replace your potted plant holders and also landscape the yard where the car
went. My uncle was having about 6 to 8 a year coming up in his yard by missing
the turn off at the end of the road. he put the rails in and he had 3 in 2
months hit the rails and he had them there for another 15 years and only had 2
more hit them in 15 years. The drunks and speeders learn where your trap is and
know to slow down for that turn or your insurance company may drop you.

Now one thing here to do and check it out to be right and that is have your
rails on your land and not city or state property. City -- they own the first 10
feet from the street. State has different foot amounts from the road and find
this out and have your rails on your property for sure. All the drunks, Here
Hold my beer, and watch this types, and speeders started call his turn '' Steel
Turn ''. The only ones he would get is the new drunks and speeders in town.

TURTLE