Merle

In article , "George" george@least
wrote:

C'mon, it's sunny now. You can see all the Finns out there pointing at that
unfamiliar golden fire in the sky.

Blacklight works, but none of the methods produces the same effect as aging
under a finish, in my opinion. They always look a bit muddy due to surface
degrade.

snip

Last year's natural cherry cabinet sits in a bright corner with a plant
on top. When dusting, I realize that the plant coaster had left a
"light spot" in the darkening top. The plant is now moved, hoping it
will even out, but we can still see the light (or no-light) spot after 4
months. Maybe should have aged a year before placing something on top?

merle