Leon

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:46:27 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Look it up in a dictionary.

Why ? When did dictionaries become an authority on technical terms?
Even if you ask the OWLs themselves they don't claim to be the
creators of language, only it's documentors. When you get to
technical or craft terminology, dictionaries produced by general
lexicographers are often carefully accurate over their source
citations, but vague or downright wrong over meanings.

My original knowledge of this came from my brother in law. He checked his
"Artist Encyclopedia" and learnd this definition. This large dictionary
looking book deals mainly with making your own paints.