James L. Marino

Not really a spray, but comes in a squirt bottle, just like Windex.
I get it from the MAC Tools dealer at work. Only bought one bottle, and
after 7 years, still have it. Have you tried a Google on it?

James

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey James,

Where did you buy this stuff? You mentioned WD 40 and LPS which are
most popular as sprays, so is it a spray, or something else?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:10:52 GMT, "James L. Marino"
wrote:

Has anyone here ever used "Howe's Oil"? Killer stuff. Beats the
daylights out of WD and LPS. Don't know if I would use it as a lube for

the
ways on a lathe, though. But if you want to protect metal from the

weather,
Howe's Oil is "the Kind." Protects and lubes any metal that is exposed to
moisture. Put a drop into the cylinder of your outdoor padlocks (garage
door, gates, trailers, etc.), and 7 years later, the key slips in and the
lock pops right open. Try THAT with WDuck.

(No association with the manufacturer, just a happy customer.)

James

"PeterM" wrote in message
I just picked up an older Unimat lathe, a DB 200. I like to clean it

up.
It
has light rust on the metal rails that allow other pieces to slide on.

What
is the best way to do that, and maybe a hint on what to put on the

parts
afterwards, so the rust will not come back......many

thanks...........Peter