Ace

Suggest you lay tablesaw in such a manner that surface you want hole in is
horizontal,
then drill couple of 1/4 inch diameter holes on inside periphery of your
desired hole, and
have at it with jig saw. Take your time, and be prepared to go through a
couple of
blades. I like to glue a piece of paper on surface, then scribe circle
with regular compass.

Carefully staying on inside (or outside) of scribed circle will give pretty
neat hole. Smooth
it up with a sanding drum in your hand drill.

Good luck!
"keith" wrote in message
om...
I need to make a 5" round hole in the back of a brand new table saw
cabinet. I don't have a regular hole saw,but have one of those
adjusable ones that has a 1/8" tool bit in the end of the arm. The
metal that I am cutting through is about 1/16" steel. I have a jigsaw
but figured this might cut a neater hole? any input? keith