Robert Galloway

hey, guys. No offence intended, none taken.

bob g.

Brett A. Thomas wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:

"Brett A. Thomas" wrote in message

Just a joke, Charlie. Although, FWIW, I'd tend to be a little more
suspicious of shop-made extension cords (whatever their voltage) than of
the UL-listed ones.

Would you be equally more suspicious of shop made wood products than of
commercially manufactured ones?

Well, I don't believe most common wood furniture goes through quite the
UL-sponsored torture testing most extension cords do, so I don't think
that's particularly a fair question. I also think most shop-made cords
are probably not as extensively designed and engineered as most
shop-made wood products. And, finally, if I mess up a bench in the
shop, it's probably not going to catch on fire. [Pauses briefly to
imagine screwing up a bench so badly that it bursts into flames].

Anyway, I was just trying to make a lighthearted comment and apparently
have now offended half of rec.woodworking. I'm sure at some point I'll
make an extension cord myself and it'll work just fine. All I'm saying
is it'll be six months before I stop looking at it carefully everytime I
use it - and that wouldn't be true of a UL-listed extension cord.

-BAT